ECJ-INTEREST-L Archives

November 2006

From:
Hirsch Laurence <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Nov 2006 12:58:39 -0000
Hi,

Yes I had this problem some time ago and found the following solution,
but there may be a better one.  If you look in ParameterDatabase there
is a constructor taking and inputStream as an argument which is what is
required when reading from jar.

You can then use something like:

        java.io.InputStream stream = getClass().getResourceAsStream(
"/ec/display/myApp.params");

        parameters = new ParameterDatabase(stream)

I think within the ParameterDatabase constructor you need to add
something like:

         parents.addElement(new ParameterDatabase(
                    this.getClass().getResourceAsStream(s)));

to allow for loading parents from the jar.

And in each parameter file you need something like

parent.0 = /ec/gp/koza/koza.params

rather than

parent.0 = ../../gp/koza/koza.params

Hope that helps,