ECJ-INTEREST-L Archives

September 2008

From:
Tomasz Nowak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Sep 2008 18:28:35 +0200
Hi,

I had a problem with island parallelization on genetic programming. I
could only migrate

there is a problem with IslandExchange class. Servers and clients use
InetAddress.getLocalhost() method that returns 127.0.0.1 on some
operating systems (most Linux distributions are affected). So the
islands are told to connect to 127.0.0.1 on multiple ports, because the
other side told them it is listening on 127.0.0.1. "ConnectionException:
Connection refused" appears on console.

I fixed the problem easily: I replaced all InetAddress.getLocalhost()
calls with my own function call, defined exactly the way found at
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jakarta-jcs-dev/200803.mbox/%
3C1066089445.1204637680849.JavaMail.jira@brutus%3E

This problem with getLocalHost() got "will not fix" status on Sun's
bugtracker. http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=4665037

Best regards,
Tomasz Nowak