ECJ-INTEREST-L Archives

June 2006

From:
Serethos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jun 2006 11:49:31 +0200
Thanks for your fast reply. I did not know the behaviour of the Lisp
function Prog.
Youre right, ECJ is a heavy program for experimenting the first time but
still I am
convinced that it is ther right way.
Though, I have to concrete my former question:

Say if you have:

Terminals = {Sensor1 (..), {0..255} }
Functions = {+, -, (...), sleep, setMotor}

There is the conflict that each function can have another function as
child node. But
something like ( + (Sensor1 Sleep(100) ) does not make any sense because
there is
no meaningfull return value of something like 'sleep' or 'setMotor' and
can not be
evaluated.
So I want to figure out if this is a general problem with the structure
of my function set
or if there is any (good) way to control this via ECJ.

Finally I will use a simulator as well as a real robot. The simulator is
called Breve
(www.spiderland.org). Because it is written in C  I first wanted to
write a plugin
with help of the OpenBeagle Framework (your "rival"). But there are many
problems
regarding the plugin development so I finally decided to take a more
familiar java
framework and do the communication between simulator and GP-Kernel via
system-
independent sockets.