ECJ-INTEREST-L Archives

June 2005

From:
Date:
Sun, 26 Jun 2005 01:58:52 -0400
[GECCO attendees: if you see me at the conference, ping me and I can
give you a copy directly via USB flash drive]

ECJ 13 has been released by the George Mason University Evolutionary
Computation Laboratory (ECLab).  ECJ is an evolutionary computation
facility written in Java, designed to be portable, highly flexible and
orthogonal, and fast.  ECJ has a very large set of EC features, including
an extensive GP facility.

As is appropriate for the unlucky number 13, this version is the single
biggest update to ECJ in a half-decade.  We're crossing our fingers!  :-)
Much of this effort is due to Sean Paus, whom we thank.  New to ECJ:

- GUI with charting
- Master/Slave massively-parallel evaluation
- multiple-jobs facilities
- considerable simplification of various packages
- new parsimony pressure methods
- retooling of ECJ's internals to allow for complete modularization
        (in theory, ECJ could run as an applet)

Download ECJ:   http://cs.gmu.edu/~eclab/projects/ecj/
GMU ECLab:      http://cs.gmu.edu/~eclab