ECJ-INTEREST-L Archives

February 2011

From:
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2011 12:49:21 -0500
Peter, almost all of ECJ is distributed under the AFL 3.0, because at
the time it was the best available academic open source license.  We'd
probably license it under Apache nowadays.  The FSF (pretty
controversally) has been claiming that the AFL and GPL are
incompatible, basically because the AFL is better written with regard
to jurisdiction clauses etc., even though one of the AFL's license
grants is to replace the license.  AFL's author (Lawrence Rosen)
disagrees.

Anyway, ECJ was meant to be used widely.  As far as I am concerned,
ECJ can be freely mingled with code of any other license, such as
Weka, for whatever project you like.

Sean