ECJ-INTEREST-L Archives

April 2005

From:
Orlando Karam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Apr 2005 20:57:05 -0400
Hi

I'm wondering how to initialize the Random Number Generator, so that the GA
behaves differently every time it is run with the same parameter file.

I'm playing with tutorial 1, and if I run it twice, it generates the exact
same statistics !! I would expect that every run is different, since the GA
is stochastic

Is there anything specific I should do ? Is it in the parameters file ?

Orlando Karam