ECJ-INTEREST-L Archives

April 2005

From:
Date:
Tue, 12 Apr 2005 09:07:31 -0400
The fundamental problem is not the need to modify ec.Evolve to do a
loop -- that's quite trivial actually.  The big issue is that ECJ as it
presently stands has several global variables (in Clique subclasses
mostly) which must be removed or they must be erased each loop through.

You'll be happy to hear that in an upcoming version we will have some
significant modifications to ECJ which, among other things, remove
those variables and other effects, thus rendering ECJ entirely modular:
you can make an  EvolutionState, run it, destroy it, make another, run
two at the same time, etc., all in the same process.  In addition to
making loops in ECJ easy, it also enables the creation of a GUI which
loads (and destroys) EvolutionStates as subobjects.

So the simplest solution is: hang on for about a month.  If you need
something sooner, contact me directly and maybe we can work something
out.

Sean

On Apr 12, 2005, at 8:57 AM, Hirsch Laurence wrote:

> Returning to the discussion below after a long break from ECJ.  Both
> the
> suggestions work fine, however ideally I would like to implement
> multiple
> runs in Java (i.e. operating system independent).  Also I would like to
> execute the runs sequentially so that I could terminate if a good
> enough
> individual is found.  My problem is I don't see an obvious place to
> put an
> outer loop in ECJ without changing quite a few things. Does anyone
> know a
> simple solution?
>
> Thanks,
>

> Laurie

>>> 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 45 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46
>>> 46