April 2018


Options: Use Proportional Font
Show HTML Part by Default
Show All Mail Headers

Message: [<< First] [< Prev] [Next >] [Last >>]
Topic: [<< First] [< Prev] [Next >] [Last >>]
Author: [<< First] [< Prev] [Next >] [Last >>]

Print Reply
"Diane St. Germain" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Diane St. Germain
Fri, 13 Apr 2018 16:22:18 +0000

Dear Master's students,

To register for thesis or project credits - BIOL 799 or BIOL 798 - you should be at the end of your MS course requirements. Thesis or Project registration is done in the final semester(s).
For fall 2018 registration:
 submit the Committee Formation form with signatures to my office by Friday June 8.

 submit a signed Thesis or Project Proposal Approval form by Friday July 13.

1) First form a committee made up of 3 graduate faculty with your research advisor / P.I. as the Committee Chair. The Chair of your committee can be from another department, as long as they are graduate faculty at Mason.  Talk with your research advisor / P.I. for suggestions on who may be appropriate candidates for your thesis or project committee.  A list of SSB faculty can be found on

2) Have your committee members sign the Committee Formation form, found on under "Master's Students".  You should do this in the semester you begin the research.

3) Submit a proposal to your committee for approval ONE SEMESTER AHEAD of your planned BIOL 798 or BIOL 799 registration.  Have your committee members sign the Proposal Approval form and send it to me along with a copy of the approved proposal.  I will get the department and Dean signatures.

4)  I will then email you the CRN to register for your credits.

Forms are found on under "Master's Students".  Some helpful information is attached.

You must meet the deadlines listed above in order to register for thesis or project credits in fall 2018.

thank you,
Diane St. Germain

[email signature]